My friend, Mak from SP and I are going for a bike tour around Malaysia in 30 days or so in March :) It'll be an awesome experience for the both of us, I'm sure! Imagine the many great exciting places for us to explore, places that we never know even exists right here in our very own backyard! Not to mention the lovely and friendly people that we will meet along our journey as well as the biking hahaha!!
Our plan is to start from Kuala Perlis and head down south to Johor, then bike across to the east coast and up to Kelantan. We will then cross over the beautiful east-west highway where I do hope to see some elephants along the way before heading up to the most northern part of the west coast. We want to cover the four corners of the peninsular :o)
I am indeed very overwhelmed by the amount of support that we have been getting from friends as well as business associates both here in Langkawi as well as in KL!! It's really amazing to see how many people will come out to support our touring! And the thing that matters most is that they give from their hearts without expecting much in return! We would really like to say special thanks to our current sponsors (and they are growing!)
1) Blue Water Star Sailing who gave us cash
2) Wantas Shipping & Lim Thye Kiang Transport who gave us cash as well
3) Powerbar for sponsoring us bars, gels & recovery drink for the tour!
4) My brother, Simon & his company, Lufter Sdn Bhd for sponsoring me a pair of brand new Ortlieb panniers and rack!
5) Corezone in PJ for agreeing to loan us a MSR FLING TENT for the tour
6) 99 Island Tours Sdn Bhd for a pair of brand new slick tires from Kenda
7) Ekomegah Travel & Tours for the complimentary ferry tickets to & fro Langkawi
and more to come.....
Well, it's definitely going to be an exciting trip and we will keep you all posted as the day gets nearer! Our exact date of departure is not fixed yet but it should be around early March :o)
Until then, here's a thought to ponder...."Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot
two zany cyclists :o)