Saturday, September 1, 2012

My book is "GOING PLACES!" Yay!!

August 2012 issue of Going Places, the inflight magazine for 
Malaysia Airlines on ALL international flights!


Hi all,

About 2 weeks ago, I gave an unexpected lift to an Italian family who was stranded at the popular tourist spot, Teluk Cempedak to Kuantan town. Since it was fasting month and it was about time to break fast, no taxis were willing to come and pick them up, of course! The father hailed me after I finished my run in the evening and despite being all sweaty, I decided to give the trio (father, mother & their 19 year old son) a ride to town for them to catch their bus to Malacca later that night..

While in the car, we got to talking and I found out that they were here in Malaysia for a short holiday before heading back to Italy. They just came from Yangon in Myanmar and spent 2 nights in Cherating (another popular beach spot, further up north of Kuantan).

When they asked me what was I doing, I told them about my book and luckily, I had a copy of my book in my car and showed it to them. When the father saw it, he immediately gave a surprised exclamation!

Why??

Because he saw the cover of my book (twice!) while they were flying from Dubai to Yangon and Yangon to Kuala Lumpur on Malaysia Airlines! Well, well, well......what do you know!

I didn't believe him initially and asked him repeatedly whether it was my book cover that he saw but he was very adamant about it because both his wife and him are cycling enthusiasts too and the photo of my back on my bicycle had already registered back in his mind.

If what he said was true, then my guess would be that he would have read the write up in Going Places magazine, the official inflight magazine for Malaysia Airlines and it is placed in ALL international flights to and from Kuala Lumpur! Hooray!!

He promised to email me the page when he gets back to Italy the following week and that he did! True enough, I saw my book cover and the short write up!

I decided to investigate further and asked a friend who had connections with Going Places and he told me that he will send me a copy of the August 2012 issue. Thanks Kit Choong for this!

It arrived a few days' ago and I managed to scan the pages and made some amendments. Thanks Dickson for helping out :)

It's a pretty amazing feeling to know that the good people of "Going Places" has given me a great start to promote my books to the international market. A million thanks to you all for this wonderful window of opportunity!

Do stay tuned for more exciting things to come!!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment